Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Start: 20th Jan 2012
End: 17th Oct 2014
I’ll cross out each item as & when they’re completed (and if they’re in italics, then they’re in progress!) I’ll be blogging about them too, so take a look at the 101 in 1001 tag if you haven’t already! If you’re taking part too, I’d love to see your list.
Me, Family & Baby.
Somehow, give birth to my baby boy… Completed 11.03.2012 [Blog Post]
…and then a year later, throw him an amazing first birthday party! Completed 10.03.2013 [Blog Post]
3. Teach Byron baby signing
Take one night a week whilst on maternity, to pamper myself while baby is chillin’ with Daddy! Completed 20.11.2012
5. ‘Do’ Christmas for the whole family
Buy a traditional first wedding anniversary present for my husband Completed 13.05.2012
Start a new family tradition Completed 24.12.2012
8. Donate blood for the second time
9. Do an anonymous favour
Go through my collection of handbags and donate old & no longer used ones to charity Completed 12.09.2012
Travel, Fun & Adventure.
Go on a UK mini-break with my family, for our sons first holiday Completed 15.07.2012 (Blog Post)
12. Visit a country I’ve never been to before
13. Eat chocolate in Belgium
14. Go to Barry Island, Wales
Visit a new seaside town Completed 17.07.2012 (Blog Post)
16. Go berry picking
17. Watch a pantomime
Go for a traditional Afternoon / Cream Tea Completed 22.05.2012 (Blog Post)
19. Take Byron to the zoo
20. Go to a food festival
21. Find 5 places to go walking or for a picnic [4/5]
2. Priory Park
3. Mercer’s Country Park
4. Tilgate Park
22. Go to an open-air cinema
Reading, Writing & Learning.
Learn basic First Aid for infants Completed 04.2012
24. Learn to sign the alphabet
Create a list of 101 things that make me smile Completed 07.01.2013 (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5)
26. Write a letter or email to an author I admire
27. Answer 365 Thought Provoking Questions (Part 1, Part 2)
28. Write a short story
Photography, Creativity & Blogging.
29. Knit a scarf
30. Make a photobook of Byron and his aunts & uncles
Do something creative with video clips of Byron Completed 27.07.2012
32. Make a 10-part blog series covering the basics of photography [Part One, Part Two]
Write a “How To Plan a Wedding” guide from my own experiences Completed 22.02.2012 (Blog Post)
Decide if I want my Facebook Fan Page & update if so Completed 23.03.2012
Merge & update my portfolio with my blog Completed 14.05.2012
36. Enter the Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize
37. Have one of my photos published in a magazine
Friends & Socialising.
38. Attend a Mothers Meeting
39. Make friends (& hopefully keep in touch!) with 3 other local mums [2/3]
40. Go to (or organise) another blogger meet-up
41. Get a mortgage
42. Get back to my pre-pregnancy weight
Health & Beauty.
Go for a professional massage Completed 27.06.2012 (Blog Post)
44. Go on a shopping spree once I have reached my goal weight / clothes size
Have fun & exciting, short hair again Completed 29.01.2012 (Blog Post)
Get my bra size re-measured Completed 29.03.2012
47. Take a spin class
48. Try Zumba
49. Complete the 30 Day Shred
50. Go to a spa for a day
Get into the habit of giving myself a pedicure, regularly for 6 months Completed 20.12.2012
Money & Finance.
Earn a disclosed amount of money through blogging Completed 08.05.2012
Do my finances every payday, on payday for 6 months Completed 09.09.2012
Pay off my credit card Completed 05.10.2012!
Buy a new car Completed 01.05.2012
56. Move out to somewhere with a (bigger) garden
Sort out my pension Completed 01.10.2012
58. Create a will
Sell all my old CDs Completed 01.05.2012
Set up a savings account for the sprog Completed 02.2013
Sort out what comes out of our joint account Completed 20.02.2012
Sell my photo prints via my own online shop Completed 07.08.2012
Unsubscribe from all those mailing lists that clutter my inbox! Completed 21.03.2012
64. Get my wedding dress cleaned(!)
Get new business cards Completed 19.04.2012
Clean the entire flat before the baby is born Completed 26.02.2012
Stay on top of housework for 3 months
Finally change my name on all cards & utility bills
Daily, Weekly, Monthly & Annually.
Break the habit of snoozing my alarm on work days, for at least a month Completed 19.12.2012
Enter This Morning competitions every day on maternity leave (pre-baby at least!) Completed 09.03.2012
Take a photo of Byron every week for the first year of his life Completed 11.03.2013
72. Blog at least twice a week for a year
73. Go swimming once a week for 6 months
Paint my nails once a week whilst on maternity leave, pre-baby Completed 11.03.2012
75. Take a multivitamin every day for a month
76. Weigh myself twice a month
77. Back-up my computer twice a month
78. Eat my 5-a-day, everyday, for a month
Round-up this project once every 100 days Failed!
80. Take a photo of my evening meal everyday for a month
81. Stop drinking fizzy drinks for a month
See my girlfriends at least once a month Failed!
Go for coffee with Kate once a month! Failed!
84. Make the time to read one book a month for a year
85. Make an outfit post at least 20 times in one year
Complete a 365 366 project Failed!
Make my own jam Completed 26.07.2012 (Blog Post)
88. Make homemade sushi
89. Bake macarons
Try truffle Completed 12.05.2012
Grow my own fresh herbs Completed 03.05.2013
92. Order a photobook of our honeymoon snaps
93. Go to another carboot sale
Eat at 10 restaurants I’ve never tried before [10/10] Completed 26.04.2013
2. Byron Burger, Westfield Shepherd’s Bush
3. The Feathers, Surrey
4. Cedar Tree Restaurant, Cornwall
5. Jamie’s Italian, Portsmouth
6. Worlds End, Brighton
7. The Comodor, Westerham
8. Smith & Western, Box Hill
9. Clove, Reigate
10. The Yew Tree, Reigate
95. Watch 10 films that I should have seen already, but haven’t (from this list) [/10]
96. Watch an entire TV series that I’ve never seen before
97. Listen to music from at least 15 bands / artists I’ve not heard before [1/15]
98. Be a member of an audience for a TV show
Join the local library Completed
Finish writing this list! Completed 02.02.2012 [Blog Post]
Inspire someone else to start a 101 in 1001 list!