At the end of 2008, I started a 101 in 1001 project— that is, 101 things to do and goals to meet in 1001 days. It was on & off my radar for a while, and I only completed about 50% of the things on my list! I’ve decided to start another one this year, like many other people, instead of New Year’s Resolutions. It’s potentially not the best time to be starting a project like this, when I have a baby on the way and my whole life is about to be turned upside down with sleepless nights (not to mention filled with wee, projectile poo & vomit), but lots of my goals involve him, so fingers crossed!
Start: 20th Jan 2012
End: 17th Oct 2014
Me, Family & Baby.
1. Somehow, give birth to my baby boy…
2. …and then a year later, throw him an amazing first birthday party!
3. Teach Byron baby signing
4. Take one night a week whilst on maternity, to pamper myself while baby is chillin’ with Daddy!
5. ‘Do’ Christmas for the whole family
6. Buy traditional wedding anniversary presents for my husband
7. Start a new family tradition
8. Donate blood for the second time
9. Do an anonymous favour
10. Go through my collection of handbags and donate old & no longer used ones to charity
Travel, Fun & Adventure.
11. Go on a UK mini-break with my family, for our sons first holiday
12. Visit a country I’ve never been to before
13. Eat chocolate in Belgium
14. Go to Barry Island, Wales
15. Visit a new seaside town
16. Go berry picking
17. Watch a pantomime
18. Go for Afternoon Tea at The Ritz
19. Take Byron to London Zoo
20. Go to a food festival
21. Find 5 new local places to go walking or for a picnic
22. Go to an open-air, drive-in style cinema
Reading, Writing & Learning.
23. Learn basic First Aid
24. Learn to sign the alphabet
25. Create a list of 101 things that make me smile
26. Write a letter or email to an author I admire
27. Answer 365 Thought Provoking Questions
28. Write a short story
Photography, Creativity & Blogging.
29. Knit a scarf
30. Make a photobook of Byron and his aunts & uncles, so he can learn to recognise them
31. Actually do something with all the short video clips we plan on filming of Byron
32. Start blogging about the basics of photography again
33. Write a “How To Plan a Wedding” guide from my own experiences
34. Decide if I want my Facebook Fan Page & update if so
35. Merge & update my portfolio & blog
36. Enter the Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize
37. Have one of my photos published in a magazine
Friends & Socialising.
38. Attend a Mothers Meeting
39. Make friends & keep in touch with 3 other local (new) mums
40. Go to (or organise) another blogger meet-up
41. Get a mortgage
42. Get back to my pre-pregnancy weight
Health & Beauty.
43. Go for a professional post-natal massage. Mmm!
44. Go on a shopping spree once I have reached my goal weight / clothes size
45. Have fun & exciting, short hair again
46. Get my bra size re-measured
47. Take a spin class
48. Try Zumba
49. Complete the Couch to 5k running program
50. Go to a spa for a day
51. Give myself a pedicure as soon as the polish starts to chip!
Money & Finance.
52. Start earning some money through blogging again
53. Do my finances every payday ON payday
54. Pay off my credit card
55. Buy a new car
56. Move out to somewhere with a (bigger) garden
57. Sort out my pension
58. Create a will
59. Sell all my old CDs that have been sitting at my mums house for 2 years
60. Set up a savings account for the sprog
61. Make better use of my joint bank account with my husband
62. Sell my photo prints via my own online shop
63. Unsubscribe from all those mailing lists that clutter my inbox!
64. Send off my wedding dress to be cleaned
65. Get new business cards
66. Clean the entire flat before the baby is born
67. … and then clean & tidy it at least once a week thereafter (& generally stay on top of it, in between!)
68. Finally change my name on all cards & utility bills
Daily, Weekly, Monthly & Annually.
69. Break the habit of snoozing my alarm on work days, for at least a month
70. Enter This Morning competitions every day on maternity leave (pre-baby at least!)
71. Take a photo of Byron every week for the first year of his life
72. Blog at least twice a week for a year
73. Go swimming once a week for 6 months
74. Paint my nails once a week whilst on maternity leave (& not changing dirty nappies!)
75. Take a multivitamin every day for a month
76. Weigh myself and play on the Wii Fit twice a month
77. Back-up my computer twice a month
78. Eat my 5-a-day, everyday, for a month
79. Round-up this project once a month for the duration of the 1001 days
80. Take a photo of my evening meal everyday for a month
81. Stop drinking fizzy drinks for a month
82. Organise to go out with / see my group of girlfriends at least once a month
83. Go for coffee with Kate once a month!
84. Make the time to read one book a month for a year
85. Make an outfit post at least 20 times in one year
86. Complete a 365 project. Do not cheat!
87. Make my own jam
88. Make homemade sushi
89. Bake macaroons
90. Try truffle
91. Grow my own fresh herbs
92. Order a photobook of our honeymoon snaps
93. Go to a carboot sale
94. Eat at 10 restaurants I’ve never tried before
95. Watch 10 films that I should have seen already, but haven’t
96. Watch an entire TV series that I’ve never seen before
97. Listen to music from at least 15 bands / artists I’ve not heard before
98. Be a member of an audience for a TV show
99. Join the local library
Finish writing this list!
101. Inspire someone else to start a 101 in 1001 list!
Do you have any goals for this year? Are you taking part in 101 in 1001?