Blogging about bingo, again? Are you actually a granny?
No— I’m not the latest member of the blue rinse brigade. The lovely folk at 888ladies.com approached me to see if I’d like to play online bingo for a few weeks in September with some other ‘mummy bloggers’, to raise money (hopefully!) for a charity of my choice; and that was an offer I couldn’t refuse!
In all honesty, I don’t have a charity that is particularly dear to my heart, like most people do. I prefer to spread the love! Naturally, I opted for a children’s charity and settled on Great Ormond Street Hospital. I’m sure you’ll have heard of GOSH, or you may have even been there yourself, or know someone who has; it’s “a global centre of excellence in child healthcare”, however research is forever ongoing and new state-of-the-art equipment needs to be provided.
- The Hospital for Sick Children first opened it doors at 49 Great Ormond Street on Valentine’s Day 1852 with 10 beds
- Almost half of the £39 million raised in 2010-2011 was spent solely on research
- With support, the hospital can invest in more equipment such as incubators for tiny babies and mobile ultrasound machines
- They train more children’s nurses than any other hospital
- Each year, there are over 192,000 patient visits to the hospital!
I was given £50 to use on 888 Ladies and ended up going through a pattern of winning and then losing again, so I gave up before I lost everything and ended with around £30. Thankfully, £50 was to be donated to each bloggers chosen charity anyway, so no one would lose out!
The sign-up process was really quick and easy, and once you got to grips with playing, it became quite addictive. I can see how people end up playing over & over again, and spend a lot of money, as the games start at just 2p! There’s a chatroom to the side of each game and I found it easy to identify who the regulars were! People seemed friendly though and you were always congratulated on a win.